The jobholder will be responsible in particular for the following areas of work:
• The planning and execution of testing for the optimal disk load of new antimicrobial agents as part of the EDL's continuous development and revision of disk diffusion criteria for phenotypic susceptibility testing (read more at: http://www.eucast.org/fileadmin/src/media/PDFs/EUCAST_files/EUCAST_SOPs/EUCAST_SOP_9.0_Disk_diffusion_breakpoints_and_QC_ranges.pdf)
• The development of phenotypic susceptibility testing including quality control criteria (read more at: www.eucast.org)
• The liaison between the EDL and the WHO CAESAR project (read more at: http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/antimicrobial-resistance/about-amr/central-asian-and-eastern-european-surveillance-of-antimicrobial-resistance-caesar)
• Contribute to other EDL activities in his/her field of expertise.
All activities will be carried out under the supervision and joint planning of the EUCAST EDL leadership.
The jobholder should be prepared to travel internationally to represent the EDL at meetings and conferences.
The place of employment will be the EDL, Clinical Microbiology, Central Hospital, 351 85 Växjö, Sweden, where the EDL has its activities.
In order to be an eligible candidate, the applicant need to fulfill a set of formal requirements.
These requirements are:
• A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least five years attested by a diploma;
• At least five years of university studies in microbiology or molecular biology or medical sciences;
• At least 5 years professional experience (following the award of the diploma), of which at least 3 years experience acquired in positions relevant to the job description;
• A scientific background with publications in microbiology;
• Having presented posters or given oral talks at major international scientific conferences;
• A good understanding of and practice in phenotypic susceptibility testing of microorganisms;
• Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation;
• Proven and successful track record for the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment, and build strong working relationships;
• Extensive experience in organizing courses/workshops and conferences on antimicrobial susceptibility testing (having organized courses/workshops and/or conferences targeting an international audience is considered a merit)
• A documented good understanding of antimicrobial resistance, antimicrobial susceptibility testing (both in theory and practice), EUCAST and the CAESAR Project is considered a merit;
• Excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
All claims must be substantiated by appropriate certificates or affidavits.
The jobholder will be recruited as a temporary agent and appointed for a period of 18 months from an agreed date late 2017 or early 2018.
6 månader eller längre.
Välkommen att söka genom att:
Skicka e-post till Erika Matuchek, email@example.com
Antal annonserade arbetstillfällen:
Vi undanber oss vänligt men bestämt erbjudanden om annonserings- och rekryteringstjänster i samband med den här annonsen.
Om du har frågor om registreringen av din ansökan, kontakta Offentliga jobbs telefonsupport på tel 0771-101029
Vill du veta var vi finns?
Se arbetsplatsen på karta